Inc. Magazine rated BuyAutoParts.com as one of the fastest growing companies for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 in the United States. www.inc.com/inc5000/profile/buyautopartscom
BuyAutoParts.com has been in business for over 25 years. We started out as a wholesale distributor of automotive products in 1988 and grew as an online retailer of auto parts. Today we have 120 employees in our San Diego, CA headquarters. Our traditional WD group continues to serve wholesale accounts, while our internet site is a popular destination for retail customers, car enthusiasts and mechanics.
We are currently seeking a Product Specialist to join our Products Team. This position will provide analytical and tactical support to the company’s Products Department, performing a variety of purchasing, supply chain, and data management duties. The Product Specialist will interact daily with domestic and international vendors, as well as regularly interface with the company’s internal Marketing, Sales, Operations and Accounting departments. Advanced excel skills are a must, as the position requires a considerable amount of spreadsheet and data manipulation and analysis. The ideal candidate will be a self-starting individual with excellent communication skills, who is able to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
* A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
* Minimum of 1-3 years professional work experience (Purchasing, Product Management, Data Management, and/or Supply Chain Experience a Plus)
* Outstanding time management and interpersonal skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to understand and analyze large volumes of data
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Sorting and Subtotaling, V-Lookups, Filtering, Pivot Tables)
* A passion for the automotive industry, cars or car parts a plus
* Review and Approve proposed inventory replenishment orders
* Maintain and update product fitment and attribute data via sheet-based review
* Market Research and Competitive Analysis
* Sales, Pricing, and Inventory Analysis
* Defective Analysis
* Assist Sales & Customer Service as necessary with any product quality or fitment issues
* Assist with new vendor onboarding process as necessary
* Perform ad hoc projects as assigned by Senior Category Manager
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary depending on experience, ranging from $16 to $20 per hour. We also have a generous benefits program including 3 weeks paid time off, paid holidays, full healthcare, flexible schedules, on site yoga, free drinks and snacks, and a great company culture.
Please include your cover letter telling us why you are the best fit for this position. We only seek the best and the brightest. Strong work ethic, a great attitude, self- motivation, and the ability to thrive in a team-player environment are always expected